Saturday, December 24, 2005
Does the Tooth Fairy Go to Russia?
Past Posting - A version of this post was originally written on 7/31/05.

Peanut has lost two teeth since he's been here. After spending days wiggling them mercilessly in front of me. (For some reason that gives me the heebie-jeebies and he had a great time grossing me out!)


I asked my adoption coordinator what the custom in Russia is. She wasn't sure, but having grown up in the Ukraine she knew the custom from there. But Peanut didn't seem to know anything about that. He just wanted to toss them in the garbage. He looked at me like I was crazy when I carefully placed them in an envelope and taped them in my journal. But, patient with my insanity, he gamely posed for a picture displaying his new gap-toothed look. (It's all the rage! )

Later he tested the capabilities of the gap - shoving a grape through the hole, letting spit drip through, sticking his tongue through... I never said he was Little Lord Fauntleroy!