Saturday, December 31, 2005
No News Isn't Good News
Nyet. Nada. Nothing. No calls from the agency. No news on the Russian media. No updates on the Ministry of Education's website. I think it's safe to say that accreditation didn't happen. Damn.


But it's New Year's Eve and I'm trying to be positive. This year I only have one resolution: bring Peanut home. (Losing weight should be on my list of priorities, too. But I'll just have to be thin vicariously through my friend on 145!)

In preparation for my New Year's resolution I've started hanging these small sports pennants up in Peanut's room as a border. Very 8-year-old chic! Even though I'm anti "theme room," a sports theme is starting to emerge somewhat against my will. He's gonna love it, though.
3 Comments:
Blogger Her Grace said...
Shit. It could still be in the mail though, right? There is still a chance you'll hear something early next week?

I like how you'll be thin vicariously through me when I just had a two piece fish and more from Long John Silver's for dinner. HAH! But, you never know, I'll keep trying.

I'm keeping my fingers and toes and everything else crossable crossed for you!

Blogger Maggie said...
See now you have to lose weight for me AND for you. What's that called? Peer pressure? Long John Silver's eh? You just made gain a vicarious pound.

Blogger Her Grace said...
Better not get on your vicarious scale then, because it's not been a good weekend!