Wednesday, January 11, 2006
A Fresh Dose of Patience
If you know me at all, you know that I'm an impatient person. When there's something I want, I have to (at the very least) start planning or preparing for the goal. In my little brain, just sitting back and waiting is equal to water torture, 100 lashes, or listening to John Tesh sing.

I spent over a year in a serious relationship with a man who, in hindsight, drove me up the wall. He constantly would talk about future plans -- starting a new career, buying a house, getting married -- but when it came down to it he was completely unwilling to take any form of action what-so-ever. After spending so much time in limbo with him I was anxious to get going on the next phase of my life. Goodbye Mr. Inertia, Hello Peanut!

This adoption process has been a challenge for me emotionally. I actually dreaded completing my dossier because I knew there would be nothing left but waiting. My fear was somewhat on target... I've had major mood swings and my patience is all but nonexistent.

So, I have to take a moment to pat myself on the back. My agency is still working on Plan B and hasn't given out details yet. And, believe it or not, I'm OK with that. I think the fact that they are actively working on something has helped me find a new dose of patience. Before the announcement of the impending Plan B, I was starting to feel that this adoption process was like dating Mr. Inertia all over again. I'm so glad that's not the case!
4 Comments:
Blogger Rhonda said...
HA! Mr. Intertia, that's classic.

Good for you for patting yourself on the back! You deserve it. This waiting is nuts, I can see why you were dreading completing the dossier..now everything is out of your hands.

I hope your agency announces Plan B and you and Peanut are reunited very soon.

Blogger Elle said...
The waiting does suck. At least with paperwork you have something to take up your time.
I am one of the biggest instant gratification people you will ever meet. This waiting is slowly killing me. Hence the 3 jobs and various other activities. I figure if I take up my time with other stuff I won't have time to worry about waiting.

All hail the plan B!

Blogger Lauri said...
Good for you Margaret- the waiting is so hard. Its all out of our control and thats what I have to remind myself every 5 minutes. finishing my dossier was a blessing & a curse- I was so happy to be done- but then I did not know what to do with myself- YIKES

Blogger Maggie said...
I finished my dossier back in October (when I reread my post it sounds like I just finished). It's sitting in Russia, translated and in the region just waiting to be filed with the MOE. C'mon reaccreditation!