Monday, January 02, 2006
What Happened to Track 14?
Joss Stone's Mind, Body, and Soul CD has a semi-permanent residence in my car's CD player. "Right to be Wrong" has been my personal anthem ever since I started this adoption process.


After Peanut left I started making the official "I'm going to adopt him" announcements. Really, I don't know why anyone was surprised by this. But, none-the-less, the reactions I got ran the whole gamut - from unwavering support to complete negativity. If I never hear "but you're single" again it will be too soon. Then I heard "Right to be Wrong" and the song's bridge just rang so true:


You're entitled to your opinion
But it's really my decision.
I can't turn back, I'm on a mission.
If you care, don't you dare blur my vision.
Let me be all that I can be.
Don't smother me with negativity.
Whatever's out there waiting for me
I'm gonna face it willingly!


Perfect, isn't it?

So today, I'm out and about, driving, and lost in a Joss Stone-inspired reverie. I was deep in adoption worry (accreditation didn't happen... WTF do I do now?) when all of a sudden track 15 came on and scared me out of my wits. Seriously... I almost drove off the road. Turns out track 14 is just complete silence. How could I have not noticed that before? So Joss is now banished to the depths of my CD case.

Really, Joss. What were you thinking? You shouldn't scare an overweight PAP like that. You could induce a heart attack.
1 Comments:
Blogger Her Grace said...
You probably had the music blasting too, didn't you? I probably would have almost drove off the road too!