Saturday, January 14, 2006
A Bloggy Loser No More
I admit it. I was a 33-year-old tag virgin. There's something about never having been tagged that makes you feel like that poor kid in junior high who always sat at a lunch table by himself. But Lauri's pulled me to the cool table. I'm a bloggy loser no more.

What were you doing 10 years ago?

I was rounding out my 3rd year at my first "real" job and beginning to realize that I was never going to go much further with that company. (I left about three months later. That was a goodbye party to remember!) I was living in a big old farm house with faulty electricity, bad plumbing, and the occasional mouse. I was dating a guy who was four years younger than me -- and that was before Demi and Ashton made robbing the cradle cool.

What were you doing 1 year ago?

Dating Mr. Inertia and wondering -- if he only owed less than $100 on the engagement ring as he said -- why he wasn't proposing. (I later learned that the ring was like a NY Times Bestseller -- pure fiction.)

Five Snacks I enjoy:
  1. Anything chocolate
  2. Crackers and cheese and/or deli meat
  3. Popcorn (especially Kettle Corn - yummo)
  4. Frozen grapes (weird, but really good)
  5. Did I mention anything chocolate?
Five songs to which I know all the lyrics:
(I sing all the time. Not well, necessarily... but I sing. These five are songs that make me think of Peanut or bolster my strength during this waiting game.)
  1. Sweet Baby James -- James Taylor
  2. Baa, Baa Black Sheep (in Russian... I'm very proud)
  3. Right to Be Wrong -- Joss Stone
  4. Standing Outside the Fire -- Garth Brooks
  5. Moses -- Patty Griffith

Five things I would do if I were a Millionaire:
  1. Buy a cottage up north for my family to use
  2. Pay my nieces' and nephews' tuitions
  3. Set up a grant fund so other PAPs wouldn't have to stress as much as I have over $$$
  4. Go to Ireland
  5. Buy a house on the lake.

Five bad habits:
  1. I pick at my fingernails
  2. I'm a major procrastinater
  3. I'm addicted to checking FRUA and Russian news -- I do it constantly
  4. Lately I've been far too self-focused
  5. I sleep on the couch (I'm an insomniac -- the TV in the living room can help sometimes. But for the most part, the couch is a habit. Tonight is a no-sleep night. It's 2:30 am and I'm blogging.)
Five Things I like doing:
  1. Making landscape quilts
  2. Reading
  3. Scrapbooking (I'm making one for Bethany's youngest (Party Girl) right now.)
  4. Talking on the phone (I swear, I'm like a teenager sometimes)
  5. Visiting family and friends.

Five things I would never wear ( buy or get again):
  1. My high school cheerleading uniform
  2. Another bridesmaid's dress (I've paid my dues)
  3. Bikini (unless I lose massive amounts of weight)
  4. A tank top with bra straps hanging out (that's the epitome of tackiness)
  5. A plaid skirt (I went to a private school as a child. I'm plaid-skirted out.)

Five Favorite toys:
  1. Digital camera
  2. Scanner
  3. My new staple gun (I'm having an inordinate amount of fun with it)
  4. Computer
  5. The fabric scissors I got for Christmas (they're perfect for "fussy cutting").

I'm supposed to tag five people but I have a very small circle of blogs that I frequent. I think they've all been tagged already and I don't want to be a retagger.

Next I'm supposed to insert this list-

Afrindiemum
An Elephant's Gestation
So its come down to this
Ukraine Adventure
Peanut Pants
3 Comments:
Blogger Rhonda said...
Frozen grapes, huh? I just might have to try that out.

By the way, the new blog template is COOL. Lisa has us all looking so good!

Blogger Maggie said...
Lisa's awesome. That's all there is to say.

Blogger rubyiscoming said...
you rock....first, love your sarcasm/truthful statements. second, what could be better than Kettle corn? truly! glad to find another hip blog out there in cyberspace.

cheers!