Thursday, January 19, 2006
Sophocles is Full of Sh*t
Sophocles obviously never adopted. He wrote "Not knowing anything is the sweetest life." To that I say: bullshit, Sophocles, bullshit.

Not knowing exactly where Peanut is or who he is with literally keeps me awake at night. When he was at the orphanage I could call and check on him. Now that he's with a patr*nat family there's no way for me to know if he's all right or if he's happy. Of course I want to go bring him home -- but right now what I want more than anything is to know that he is safe.

Siberia has been pounded with extremely cold temperatures lately. When I look in Peanut's closet and see his toasty warm, super-cool Spiderman coat I just want to hop a plane to Russia and bring it to him. I'd give anything to talk to him and find out if he's OK and being cared for properly.

So, stuff it, Sophocles. Maybe for you ignorance was bliss. But, as for me, I want to KNOW.
8 Comments:
Blogger Elle said...
I agree, Sophocles can kiss my ass.

Blogger Rhonda said...
Sophocles definitely never adopted.

Margaret, I can't imagine how hard it must be right now. I am restless and we don't even have a referral yet. I thought this post just shows what a great Mom you are already. Peanut is very lucky :).

Blogger Maggie said...
Thank you, Rhonda. What a nice thing to say.

Blogger Woods Family said...
You have a great site! I can't wait for Mr. Peanut to come home. How can you deal with not knowing about his Patronat. Will they give you any information?? Why did he leave the orphanage anyway?? Does he know your coming?

Blogger Maggie said...
Melissa, The last time I talked to Peanut was in November. I found out that he had been moved to a Patronat home (kind of like a foster family) on December 6. The only information I have came from a 9-year-old girl. The orphanage director could give us more information, but she's refusing to. So, I'm not sure of anything. My agency needs to be reaccredited before I can find out anything concrete.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I can't imagine how trying it must be right now to not know where your child is. I'm not the praying sort, but I am thinking warm thoughts for your boy.

I married a single father but became mom to his eight year old boy as soon as we started dating. It's an exciting adventure. Boys are wonderful, so much sweeter than you'd think from dating them...

Blogger Her Grace said...
Yes, Sophocles, bite it.

I hope you hear something soon, I really do.

In the meantime, lots of love and prayers are being sent to you and to Peanut.

Blogger M3 said...
Wow, I second your bullshit call. Sophocles -- not your finest hour when you wrote that one.

This must be incredibly hard. I'm so sorry!!!!