Monday, February 27, 2006
All for $14
Peanut's at that in-between age. The age where he still likes stuffed animals -- he names his favorites, places them carefully on the bed next to him, and hugs them in car when we went on long rides. He was fascinated with bubbles and loved to draw with sidewalk chalk... innocent quiet activities suitable for kids even younger than he is. But then he has his rough-and-tumble side. He likes any toys that inspire him to growl, make skidding and crashing noises, or act like a ninja.

The Toys-R-Expensive in my neighborhood is going out of business. Last week was the 70-80% off sale. Hoo-boy! I ended up with $49 worth of toys for $14.



Fantastic 4 figures. He saw the movie this summer and loved it. When the figure sits on the motorcycle it says "Flame On!" I'm just not sure how I feel about that...


I had bought some of these before, so now he has a good dinosaur collection. I used to love dinosaur toys when I was a kid. I'm going to have to restrain myself so these aren't worn out by the time Peanut comes home.


I haven't checked this out yet. But it involves cars and has the word "battle" in the title. That's all good in Peanut's world!
7 Comments:
Blogger bethee said...
What a great find!!! Congrats!!

I hope he gets to enjoy them - SOON!!

Blogger Rhonda said...
What awesome bargains! Peanut is going to be so excited when he sees all of this!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Good buys! I love a bargain!

Blogger Elle said...
I really need to take note from you bargain shopper moms.

Blogger Jennefer said...
That is great that Peanut hasn't yet succumbed to the American video game, computer game and hand held games obsession that my kids and all of their friends think is essential for life.

I try to bring up some old-fashioned kid's game suggestions and they just look at me like I am an alien.

Preserve Peanuts innocence as long as you can!

Blogger Elle said...
Great buys!! I never get so lucky!

Blogger Lauri said...
Cool stuff indeed... and I Love a bargain..cant wait until peanut sees them