Monday, March 06, 2006
Certifiably Happy
Are you standing up? Do you have your dancing shoes on? Do you have Gloria Gaynor blaring from the stereo? You should! Because it's time to do the accreditation dance!!! My agency picked up their accreditation certificate today. I'm so happy!!! (Apparently, I'm a three-exclamation-point kind of happy!!!)

I've actually known about this for a while, but my "cautious by nature" agency wanted to wait until they had the certificate in hand to announce it. The secret became a bit silly as someone spilled the beans on a chat room and the MOE posted it on their website. But, it's nice to know that as I post this, my agency's accreditation is 100% official.

And, I'm thrilled that Lisa's, Rhonda's, and Jen's agencies were all reaccredited in the same batch as mine. It's a bit of serendipity that somehow makes it all the more special.

So what exactly does this mean? Now that my agency has their current accreditation certificate things will move full-steam ahead. As I understand it, this is what will happen for Peanut and I in the next couple of weeks:

  • My agency's main rep in Russia will send copies of the the certificate to all of the regional representatives.
  • My region's rep (who from now I'm going to call R.R.) will bring my dossier to the MOE once she receives the certificate copy. I will be officially registered as a prospective adoptive parent for Peanut. (Yay!)
  • At the same time, R.R. will officially request information on Peanut's whereabouts and availability for adoption. My agency doesn't want to speculate on the result of this request. It's kind of uncharted territory for them.
  • Then, when (not if) I find out Peanut is available, the process will really be underway. Letters releasing him from the databank of waiting children, court date, Peanut's medicals and dossier... the whole 9 yards.

Lauri has a certain psychic ability when it comes to holidays and adoption milestones. She's guessing Easter for me and Peanut. That's an ambitious prediction that I hope comes true.

14 Comments:
Blogger Lauri said...
Im so glad Margaret.....what great news.... I do really hope you get some positive news by Easter 2006, stay positive, see it happening, and pray,and soon you & peanut will be together again

Lauri

Blogger bethee said...
WOO HOOOOOOOO!

Blogger Elle said...
I do have my dancing shoes on! I am so excited for you and Peanut! Awesome!

Blogger Rhonda said...
YAY YAY!! I am so happy for you Margaret! I was just thinking about how all of us are forever bonded by going through this experience at the same time. Its been awesome to have you as a friend to go through this with.

Blogger Elle said...
I can't tell you how relieve I was to see it offically posted on your and Jen's sites today. I checked and rechecked all day!! I am dancing right there with you lady.

Hold on kids, your mommies are coming soon!!!!

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
Hooray! This is such wonderful news. I'm glad that you, Lisa, Rhonda and Jen can all celebrate and move forward together!!! What a great day all around!

Blogger M3 said...
OMG Margaret!!!!!!! Congratulations. I am just covered in goosebumps I am so thrilled for you. Oh wow, this is an awesome day!!!!!!!!!! Hooray!!!!!!!!!!

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
i came by to say congrats and realized i already said my congrats but i'm so excited i thought i would say congrats again.

Blogger Jennefer said...
Tricia is so funny! I need to leave my congrats here too! The news doesn't quite have the same punch due to all of the pre-news stuff, but it is a relief to know that our agencies all have their re-accreditations in hand. It seems like nothing could go wrong now. (Knock on wood!)

Blogger novice.knitter said...
I have been reading with you for a few weeks now... waiting for the right moment to post. Congratulations! Easter... a new beginning in so many ways. I hope good things for you and Peanut as soon as possible!

Blogger Her Grace said...
I've got my dancing shoes on! You've done enough waiting for 10 lifetimes and now it's time to get on with the show. I am so happy for you!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Congratulations Margaret! I am so happy for you & Peanut...finally on the road to being re-united.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I've been reading for a couple weeks- so glad to hear your agency was reaccredited. I hope Peanut comes home soon.

Blogger Kim said...
I have been following your blog for a couple of weeks. I am so happy for you! Congratulations!