Saturday, March 04, 2006
Seeing the Sun Rise
The news Mrs. Chips brought back from the orphanage the other day was undeniably good. But, I have to admit, it really brought me down that I wasn't able to get word to Peanut. I miss him so much, so I was really hoping to hear that he was OK. But, Bethany and I went for a girl's night yesterday which is always a good thing. And, I've had a couple of days to let it all sink in. So, with a fresh set of eyes and a reinvigorated spirit, I'm looking forward to what's ahead.




I found this picture of Lake Baikal a while ago. I don't know if the photo is a sunrise or a sunset, but I'm opting to believe the former. I just love this photo... it somehow captures my feelings about adoption in print. It's a new beginning and it just exudes promise. The fact that it's of a lake in Siberia makes it all the more perfect.


I make landscape quilts as a hobby. Basically, I take a photo or other image and reproduce it with tiny little pieces of fabric. I have yet to make a landscape quilt for me. So, I ordered this hand-dyed fabric for the background and I'm going to start my "Sunrise" piece. It's going to be my tribute to Peanut. Hang in there kiddo, our days together will be starting soon.

7 Comments:
Blogger Rhonda said...
Can't wait to see your quilt. What a beautiful tribute. Please post photos when you're done, I would love to see it!

Blogger Elle said...
When you said you did landscape quilts of course it intrigued me so I looked it up. Fascinating! Yet another thing I would love to learn to do. I am not sure if I am patient enough for it at this point though.

Beautiful fabric!

Blogger Maggie said...
Rhonda - Some of your photos on Flickr may end up as landscape quilts someday. You've got some beautiful shots there.

Lisa - My favorite landscape quilter is http://www.nataliesewell.com. Her pieces are so light and airy... mine can't compete. But it's fun to try!

Blogger Jennefer said...
I am sorry that Mrs. Chips wasn't able to get through to Peanut. I am glad you were able to go out and have some fun. You have a lot of good reasons to feel hopeful right now that good things are ahead!

Blogger M3 said...
Margaret, that photo is absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait to see your landscape quilt version of it. Wow, you are seriously talented to be able to do that type of thing! It will be such a beautiful tribute to Peanut.

Blogger Her Grace said...
Margaret -

I'm glad to see your spirit back! I know the news was hard, but I also know how much you love Peanut and that you'll keep on fighting until he's home.

I can't wait to see the quilt.

Blogger Lauri said...
Thats beautfiul..cant wait to see the end result... keep us updated on your progress.