Tuesday, March 07, 2006
Excitement or Insanity... You Decide
Knowing that my agency is finally reaccredited has really put some wind back in my sails. Today I got a little carried away and made a list of the items I'd like to bring to Russia. Anticipatory? Definitely! Over-anxious? Sure. A bit nuts? Mmm... maybe. But then I tipped the scales way over to the crazy side by "practicing" packing. I kid you not. I worked on this for about 30 minutes before the ridiculousness of it dawned on me. Keep in mind it's still going to be a couple of months (at least) before I travel.


Peanut's suitcase.

I can actually get all of his clothes in there. But I had hoped to also pack his toys and backpack IN the suitcase. I'm not really looking forward to carrying a Batman backpack around.


My suitcase

Looks like I have room to spare, doesn't it? But I haven't packed shoes, laundry detergent, camera, hair dryer, etc, etc, etc.

My goal was to pack a carry-on sized piece of luggage for me and one for Peanut. That, my friends, may be the craziest thing of all.

p.s. In my non-crazy moments, I'm praying for you, Liv.

12 Comments:
Blogger Elle said...
Totally not crazy. If D wouldn't threaten to put me away if I did something like that I would be doing it too.

I am thinking you need a larger suitcase.

Blogger Lauri said...
Your not crazy at all- I was packed prior to referral stage..... keep your eye on your goal- EASTER 2006- pray it, see it,believe it, the Easter bunny will be bringing you some great news.


I agree with Lisa- you need a larger suitcase......

Blogger Her Grace said...
I've known you for a very long time, and I wouldn't have expected any different from you than practice packing. And though you already told me there was a list involved, I would have guessed that too.

Isn't it fun though??

Blogger CarolinaGirl said...
Absolutely, positively not crazy!. I have been following your site. I have finally posted. It is so great to see such a wonderful community of adoptive parents going through different set of struggles, but, yet we all seem to be intertwined. I look forward to reading more about your journey. We are leaving next week for Russia and I packed the day that I found out that we were leaving. I am so excited for all of you!!!

Blogger CarolinaGirl said...
I just read your post on our site..oh my goodness...you are so not kidding. We have a lot in common. I have to hear about your bulldog!. She is the love of our lives. Of course, the we love our kids too, don't get me wrong :). I talk to Lorien on a daily basis. She has been incredible to us. I have never in my life met anybody that has helped us like she has. The lightning speed that we are going to Russia has blown my mind. I can't wait to read about your journey!!. Lets stay in touch!!

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
When you start practicing the drive to the airport, then I'll begin to think you are alittle nuts. Lists are good!!! Especially lists created in excel!!!

Blogger Maggie said...
I'm glad you don't think I'm crazy, because I'm still thinking about packing. And I think I've got it figured out. I'm going to pack my black roller duffle carry-on with necessities for me and Peanut. Then borrow my mom's significantly bigger roller bag for everything else. That should work... I'll have to practice. :-)

Blogger Jennefer said...
Margaret,

You are not crazy. I started to pack back in December. That is how crazy I am. The suitcase is still partially packed in the other room. M just shakes his head silently at me with a questioning look of incredulity.

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blogger Gaye and Andrew said...
Not crazy...you could be like me and travelling in 2 days and not have anything packed. I have most of it laid out, but not yet in suitcases.

I am so happy for you and can't wait for you to be reunited with Peanut :) ~ gaye

Blogger Rhonda said...
I agree with everyone else, you are NOT crazy. In fact, you will be very happy you've practice packing when that day comes! Its so exciting to think about, isn't it?

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I'd never thought of practice packing...I'm constantly paying "overweight" charges when I travel. I think this a good tip and not crazy at all.