Saturday, March 11, 2006
Procrastinactionator
If there was such a word, "procrastinactionator" would describe me well. Tasks that I'm not particularly thrilled about can be put off nearly forever in my world. (e.g. I started cleaning my walk-in closet about a month ago. It's still only partially completed.) But when I want something done, or something truly needs to be done I don't hestitate. Get to steppin! Don't talk about it, discuss it, hem and haw over the possibilities -- just DO IT.

So the action side of my procrastinactionator personality is in agony right now, because my dossier is still not filed with the MOE. I'm tapping my toes, biting my nails, and pulling out my hair. At the end of this process I'm going to look like the remnants of a Thanksgiving turkey.

It turns out that not only is Peanut with another family, he's crossed a border of some sort (my coordinator didn't know the right word in English for it, so she called it a subdivision). This complicates things because they don't really know what papers need to filed where, or something like that. R.R. was advised to get a consultation with the judge to determine the best way to handle Peanut's case. Great. Like this adoption process wasn't complicated enough.

The hope is that R.R. will get a meeting on Monday or Tuesday and the judge will immediately recommend a course of action. The other possibility (not gonna happen, not gonna happen, not gonna happen) is that it could take a while to get a meeting with the judge and/or the judge may want to inquire about Peanut's case further before giving a recommendation. That's a big long sentence just to say I may be looking at a further delay. I think I'm going to petition for the word "delay" to be removed from the vernacular.
4 Comments:
Blogger Rhonda said...
You're right Margaret, option #2 is not gonna happen. I look at it this way...you have paid your dues and had so much difficulty so far. Surely ONE THING can go right with this adoption.

Blogger Jennefer said...
I think it is so hard that the adoption process is so largely out of our personal control. I am like you that when I start something I really get into it and see it through to the end as quickly and efficiently as possible- that is why this process is so frustrating.

I guess I could offer you the "heard it a million times before" Serenity Prayer cliche, but I will spare you.

Blogger Her Grace said...
I looked up procrastinactionator in the dictionary and there was a picture of you :)

The waiting has to be so hard, and it seems like every time you reach a point when things will start happening, you hear "Just a few more days."

I'm sorry. And I hope you get good news early next week!

Blogger Elle said...
Procratinatoractionator - love that!

Argh! No more delays!!!