Thursday, April 20, 2006
Fit and Focused
"It will be there when you get home." A little blue sticky note lives on my monitor at work constantly reminding me, "It will be there when you get home."

See I have this little problem. I love my job. Sure it has it's ups and downs just any other, but for the most part -- I've got a great job. Since I've been embroiled in this adoption process I've been a less than stellar employee. I try my best, I really do, and I'm getting somewhat better. But checking blogs and news sites is just so tempting.

I've talked to my boss about it and his question to me is always "Is there anything you can control while you're here?" Usually the answer to that is no. I don't mind (and I know bossman doesn't mind) if I have to call my agency or actually take of some business. But idle internet searching isn't so cool.

Yesterday my boss surprised the whole staff by buying us exercise equipment. It's such a cool little thing -- I can do tons of different exercises on this thing. Seriously, how cool is my boss? (And no, he doesn't read this blog... I'm not sucking up.) I've tried almost every exercise on it and love it.
The only thing I haven't figured out is how it gives you a tan. My pasty white Irish skin could use that!

After getting home from work and using my new equipment, I felt guilty. Normally the guilt comes when my exercise equipment or tapes start to gather dust -- not when I'm actively using them. I think I felt guilty today because my boss gave me a gift, and I know that I haven't given him my all lately.

So this is me turning over a new leaf. Adoption be damned, I'm going to try hard to be more like myself. That's what my new exercise equipment is giving me -- toned arms, an inexplicable tan, and focus.
6 Comments:
Blogger Her Grace said...
It would be truly an amazing machine if it could turn a person into one of those after photos -- without even using it!!

Good for you for working out and for recommitting your focus to your job. I've said it before, but I don't know how you stay focused at all and I admire you for it.

That gym looks cool!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I laughed SO hard at the before and after pictures! NO kidding - where does that tan come from??

I'm in the same boat - I need a tan... I mean, I need to work out. Now that it's finally getting to be spring here in MI, it's hard to want to go to a gym and be inside...

:) Lorien

Blogger Jennefer said...
The testimonials are hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing. Maybe if you look close enough at your equipment you will find the hidden tanning bed.

Actually though, that equipment looks great for the price. It sounds like you have a great boss.

Blogger Maggie said...
The price is misleading ... 14.95 is just for a month.

Blogger avonlea said...
Wow, I want to work where you do!

Blogger Kristin said...
Oooooohhhh, keep us posted... I want to know if you still love it in a month! I am ALWAYS looking for the thing that will help me stay committed to an exercise program!

NICE boss, btw!