Monday, April 10, 2006
I'm Officially Somebody
Well, I'm somebody as far as the MOE is concerned anyway, because today my dossier was officially registered.

Get ready...

Plug your ears...

Here it comes...

WOOOOOOHOOO!

So my dossier is filed. What does this mean exactly?

1) I am finally, officially, listed on paper as someone who is interested in adopting Peanut. Up until now I was a nobody (legally speaking).

2) My agency now has more freedom to inquire about Peanut -- his whereabouts, his availability for adoption, and if I can contact him in some way.

3) Once it's determined that he is available for adoption, Peanut's dossier will be created and, when it's complete, I'll be assigned a court date.

Of course, this is the world of adoption. If the moon is full and the rooster crows at midnight and someone wears a striped shirt with plaid pants the whole thing could fall apart. It's, as always, frightening. But I'm getting quite skilled at balancing on adoption's tightrope... I'm ready to make that treacherous walk to the other side. Call it hope, faith, or sheer delusion -- I just feel that everything is going to work out in the end.

So, hang on Peanut! Mama's coming soon.
17 Comments:
Blogger bethee said...
WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!
I'm THRILLED for you.
Congratulations!!!!

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
hooray! this is wonderful news! congrats on your dossier!!!

Blogger Kristin said...
Cool Beans! Fingers crossed and looking forward to hearing the updates!!

Blogger Her Grace said...
Finally, finally, finally! Hang on Peanut!

Blogger 6blessings said...
I'm WOOHOOING with you! Super news.

Blogger CarolinaGirl said...
That is awesome news!! Lets hope this gets rolling now!. We all cannot wait for you and Peanut to be together!!!! YEA!!!

Blogger Yeah So said...
Great News! I hope the rest of the process starts to speed up for you!

Blogger Deb said...
Yippe! That is great news. Hope you hear news real soon.

Blogger Elle said...
YEAH!!!! I am sooo excited for you.

Blogger novice.knitter said...
YEAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I am so happy for you!

Patience has paid off, and I can't wait to hear more!

Blogger sandy said...
Excellent! Congratulations on your wonderful news!
And thank you for visiting me and giving me those encouraging words... less than 5 weeks for the 171-H! I hope our wait is not too long because I the dossier paperwork can't be turned in without it. I look forward to reading more about your experiences, too!

Blogger Elle said...
Yea! Congratulations!!! I am so very happy for you!

Blogger M3 said...
Margaret that is WONDERFUL news! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, just so cool.

Blogger Kim said...
Truly excellent news! Looking forward to hearing more progress soon.

Blogger Lauri said...
YIPPPPPY SKIPPY- Oh My goodness, what great news- Im so happy



always praying & pulling for You & peanut

Hugs & congrats
Lauri

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Alright!!!

Blogger Jennefer said...
This is such great news! I haven't had much computer time here so I am getting this news so late, but it sounds like things are really starting to roll now with your adoption. I hope you are home with Peanut before his birthday. We will all be so happy to see that happen.