Sunday, March 26, 2006
Flowers for Peanut
When I first learned about the summer hosting program, I inquired about it with the intention of hosting during 2006. Not because I didn't want to this summer, but because I knew I didn't have the savings to support an international adoption yet. But the program coordinator sent me pictures of the kids that still needed host parents. As soon as I saw Peanut's picture I was hooked. There was something in his eyes that called to me. And, as you know if you've been reading my blog, he and I are a perfect fit.

I've managed to come up with more of the funds than I could have imagined. I'm basically down to funding my travel costs now. So, I'm a starting a fundraiser to help me come up with the remainder of the costs. I'm selling "Flowers for Peanut" -- annual and perennial bulbs that are perfect for spring planting. Please check out the new site!
6 Comments:
Blogger A Room to Grow said...
I wish I knew how to garden, and I'm pretty lucky that our new place came fully landscaped.

I like this idea and the new site. These would make nice gifts...

I will forward "Flowers for Peanut" onto others who I know may be interested.

Blogger Her Grace said...
Margaret,

I started to pick some out, but I decided to let Sass help me chose, so I'll place an order in the next few days.

I also passed it on to family and friends!

Great idea!

Blogger Rhonda said...
Love the new site! I think that's a great fundraising idea.

Blogger Jennefer said...
This is perfect because I always buy flowers every spring anyway. so I might as well purchase them towards a good cause! I am thinking up a fundraiser too. Thanks for the idea.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I'm poor as a church mouse, with the new business TRYING to open it's doors, but you can count on me...expect an email tomorrow with my order, Peanut's boating pal and I will plant!!

Super idea!

Blogger Elle said...
Fantastic fund raising idea!