Sunday, March 19, 2006
The Sandman Cometh
This is a TV.














This is Margaret's bed.















This is Margaret's bedroom with a TV.















Why is this blog-worthy you ask? Because I'm an insomniac. I have two methods of sleeping -- poorly or not at all. My only saving grace is the TV. The noise allows me to turn off my brain, quiet the worry, and calm the stress enough to actually catch some zzz's. And since I haven't had a TV up in my room, I've slept on the couch virtually every night since Peanut left last August. And, on an adoption budget, a second TV just wasn't happening. But, thanks to my parents' hand-me-down I can now sleep in my bedroom. I'm inordinately excited about it!

p.s. Please no comments about my ugly bright blue carpet and lack of any real bedroom furniture. I'm adopting, therefore I'm poor.
10 Comments:
Blogger Rhonda said...
I agree, that is quite blogworthy! Congratulations on the TV in the bedroom.

Blogger Maggie said...
Unfortunately I tossed and turned most of the night and had a really hard time getting to sleep. I guess I'm going to have to get used to it again. Darn. I was looking forward to a good night's sleep.

Blogger Her Grace said...
I don't doubt it'll take some getting used to! You've become accustomed to that couch, but once you get settled, hopefully you'll be getting some good zzzzs in no time.

Blogger 6blessings said...
Everything looks great!! Hopefully you'll be sleeping soon.

Blogger Jennefer said...
Nice quilt on the wall! I am very sorry about the insomniac thing and that this adoption business is causing you so much stress and concern. I hope the TV will help you sleep.

For me- a bath does the trick.

Blogger Elle said...
I should have turned the TV on at about 3:45 this morning as I lay wide awake in bed. Of course this might have disturbed D's restful snoring.

Maybe we should all pitch in and send you some bedroom artwork. You like photographs? I am pretty sure a few of us could accomodate that.

Blogger Maggie said...
I actually do have things on the wall in my room. They just don't happen to show in these photos! Trust me, the rest of my house is better decorated. My room is just the least important as far as I'm concerned. And when stuck with royal blue disco-fever carpet my imagination and decorating sense tends to die a little bit! :-)

Jen - thanks for the comment on the quilt. My mom made that for me.

Blogger Maggie said...
And I'm cleaning up those cords tonight. Sheesh! Why did I post these photos?

Blogger CarolinaGirl said...
I hear ya on the insomniac thing. I am not sure why that is happening to me in the past few months. But, it is. I feel your pain. We should all become the insomniac sisters. Hey Elle is up that late too.... Hopefully, we can all get some sleep sometime soon. Hang in there my friend!!!

Blogger M3 said...
Ooo, I feel your pain with the insomnia. I'm a horrible sleeper. I just read in a magazine that you should stay off the computer at least an hour before going to bed because all the tiny flickering lights in the monitor stimulate you. Hmmm, guess how many nights I've been able to listen to this advice and NOT look at my favorite blogs before going to bed? Yeah, if you guessed zero you're correct! I'll try to do better tonight. Uh, yeah. :-)