Sunday, April 02, 2006
Flower Power
Thanks to everyone who's ordered from my Flowers for Peanut fundraiser. My goal was to sell 120 items and I'm pretty darn close. I've sold 86 items so far and I know that I have at least a few more orders coming in.

I'm sending in for the bulk shipment this Wednesday. So if you were planning on ordering anything and haven't yet, please do so soon.

Fundraising for adoption is a tricky thing. I've felt as if I'm putting people out a bit. And my son is not a charity. So there's an icky factor associated with adoption fundraising. But, as many of you know, adoption costs are astronomical. Hopefully the end of my adoption journey is coming soon. (I hope, I hope, I hope.) So looking at the remaining costs I have to come up with is a bit daunting. Thanks to all of you that ordered I am that much closer to my goal and, subsequently, that much closer to my son.

Some of the other members of the "Russian posse" are also holding fundraisers. Please help out if you can. Jen is selling all sorts of great products that everyone can use, and Lisa is selling everything from cookbooks to quilts.

Thanks for all of your help!
5 Comments:
Blogger Jennefer said...
I look forward to receiving my flowers! And thanks for linking me!

Blogger Elle said...
As parents we do what we have to do to bring our children home.

Blogger Rhonda said...
I know I certainly don't feel put out whatsoever. No worries, really. The costs are so high, its outrageous. I can't imagine doing it on a single parent income.

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
You're being smart & resourceful and that's a good thing.

Blogger Gaye and Andrew said...
I can't wait to receive my bulbs and make our flower garden beautiful in dedication of Peanut :) gaye