Wednesday, March 29, 2006
A Letter to Peanut

It's been more than four months since I've been able to talk to Peanut. Four very long months. But there are so many things I'd like to say...

Hey buddy,

It's been such a long time since we've talked. But that doesn't mean I haven't thought about you every single minute. I love you so much and I miss you terribly.

When I first learned you went to stay with another family I was worried. I didn't know who they were and I wanted to make sure you were safe and happy. But some of the kids who are still at the dietsky dom said you were glad to go. They said it's been hard to live at the orphanage after living with families last summer. So, I hope and pray that you are happy. In my heart I believe you're staying with great people who love you like I do. How couldn't they? You're a fun, nice, and smart boy -- anybody would love you.

When we talked in November, you told me you were getting all high marks in school. I'm so proud of you. You're such a smart boy and you study so hard. Please keep working hard in school.

Whenever I'm missing you (which is often) I look through our photo album at all the fun things we did last summer. I hope you look through your photos and remember too. Remember playing soccer in the backyard, going to the park or the zoo, zooming around in Toetya's boat (remember how you would spin in circles and make me sick to my stomach?), and the time you got to work the backhoe at Dyadya's new house. We had lots of good times.


The whole family misses you and asks me about you often. I think Papa (Dadushka) misses you almost as much as I do. Nobody can understand why it's taking me so long to bring you back home. It's been hard and a lot things that I couldn't control have happened. But I'm still working toward adopting you. I hope, with all my heart, that you still want to be my son and to come back to America. If you don't, I'll understand. I know it's been a long time and that this has been hard for you. No matter what I'll love you always and always. But if you do still want to come to America then just hold tight. I will come for you.

You're in my heart. If you ever get sad or afraid just say a prayer and ask God to send the message to me. I'm here for you always.

I love you forever and ever,

Mama

12 Comments:
Blogger 6blessings said...
What a beautiful letter! The pictures are wonderful! Hang in there! God is watching over him and taking care of him. I will say a special prayer for both of you today. He sure will love to read such precious letters when he gets home with you.

Blogger kirsten said...
beautiful! i found your blog through a comment you left on unexpected miracles. i have been reading through your story. what an amazing one it is! if you and this precious little boy are meant to be together, the doors will remain open for you. you just need to keep moving forward through them. i will be praying for you and peanut.

kirsten
p.s.
my dad vacationed at glen lake too, when he was younger. he took us there a few years ago. it was awesome! so clear and refreshing!

Blogger M3 said...
Beautiful letter Margaret. I like to picture Peanut sitting beside you reading it some day and you saying "I wrote this for you while we were waiting..."

Blogger Jennefer said...
If I could make any wish I would wish Peanut could have this letter right now and be reasurred that you are still there and working to bring him home. I know he would love that.

Actually, now that I think about it, a better wish would be just to wish him home to you right now. This is the problem with making wishes. You have to think it through. I mean how much better for me to wish him home to you right now with a billion dollars in his pocket to share with you, your family and all of your friends.

Wait. Maybe I should give you guys super powers too.

Blogger Elle said...
Margaret, that is the most beautiful thing I have ever heard a mother say to her son. You have such an amazing heart.

Blogger bethee said...
I'm crying. Thank you for opening up your world to us. :)

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
Would you like to adopt me? I would love to have a mother like you. Your letter was very touching. Hoping for news on Peanut SOON.

Blogger Her Grace said...
I'd like to think that somehow, Peanut can hear that letter in his heart, even if he doesn't realize it. That deep inside him, he knows everything you've written to be true.

Blogger Elle said...
So sweet, Margaret!! I love the pictures of Peanut.

Blogger Kristin said...
Oh my... what a beautiful letter... if I am tearing up just reading it, I can only imagine what your emotions are doing to you on a daily basis.... the thought of being separated from my children is the thing I fear most in this world and I am in awe of the grace and courage with which you are surviving.

I look so forward to the post that tells us you and Peanut are about to be reunited.

Blogger Rhonda said...
That is a beautiful letter Margaret. That photo of him on the boat is great, but I also notice how small and innocent he really is. I can't wait until Peanut comes home.

Blogger Sig said...
You've got me crying Margaret. Words that could only come from a ture mother....

BTW- can you EM me? SA3@aol.com, I could not find your EM address on the site.
Thanks :)