Tuesday, April 04, 2006
The Long & the Short of It
The long of it:

A few weeks ago my agency decided to add a couple of documents to my dossier. I was frustrated because it seemed like that could have been accomplished months and months ago. But, as they were important documents that are going to benefit me in the long run, I was game.

After said documents went to my agency's main office in Russia and were translated they were sent to the regional representative. At that time my dossier should have been filed. But, alas, there was another delay. Four tiny little words had to be removed from one of the new documents. Four words. Upon hearing that I said quite a few choice four-letter words. Truck drivers were shocked. But, I changed the document and have been in wait mode ever since. So far the modified document made it to the main office and should be on its way to the regional representative. So maybe my dossier will be filed next week.

Hopefully, maybe, soon... these are words I would like to strike from the English language. They're supposed to be positive words, but I've heard and said them so often with no results to show for it that they now sound hollow. I try to stay upbeat, I really do. But today I'm angry, sad, and frustrated. I'll bounce back -- I always do. But right now I'm a bundle of negative emotions.


The short of it:

I've lost another month since accreditation. My dossier is STILL NOT FILED.
15 Comments:
Blogger Her Grace said...
I don't even have any words left for you, and I know they do little to comfort you anyway.

What a long and hard wait you've had. I know it will be worth it in the end, I KNOW IT, but that doesn't help now with the waiting, waiting, waiting.

I'm sorry. I really am.

Blogger kirsten said...
hi. i got your comment from my blog. we are adopting domestically. if you go to september 2005 in my archives and scroll down to the post 'two years', there you'll find the story. the reason for the testing isn't anywhere on my blog though. i wasn't comfortable putting that out there, never know who could be reading. you can email me at kirsten@gitgan.com and i'll fill you in. thanks for checking in! sorry you ran into another snag in your journey!

Blogger bethee said...
Sending all the good vibes I can spare in your direction. :)

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
Here's to those four words making all the difference, right? (sounds silly to me, but we can only hope) oh no, that word again!

I'm with you on this one (the upset, frustrated you).

Blogger Kristin said...
How stressful and upsetting... I am so sorry!!

Blogger M3 said...
I'm with you, I CAN NOT wait until the words "hopefully, maybe, soon" never come out of my mouth again. The ones I want so badly to say, and I'm betting you do too, are "good news, today, and announcing." Ahhhhh, now those are some good words.

Hang in there Margaret. This process is so hard.

Blogger Rhonda said...
I think I've posted the words "Hang in there" so many times that even I'm sick of hearing myself say it...so just know that I have no words but I feel so bad over this latest delay. I wish I could fast forward through this stuff until the day you bring Peanut home.

Blogger Deb said...
I'll be thinking about you today.

Blogger 6blessings said...
I'm so sorry for another delay. All my mind can come up with to say is all of the pat answers- "Hang in there. It's all worth it.", etc. Those are true, but I know how it can just roll off the tongue and bounce back out of the ear. You are going to be an awesome mom. Peanut is a lucky little guy. You guys are one day closer to being together than you were yesterday.

Blogger Elle said...
Big hugs to you today.

Blogger Shannon said...
That SUCKS. Hang in there. I'm going to send you good vibes today, all I can muster up!

Blogger Kim said...
Ugh, this adoption road is very arduous. It is so worth it in the end (I know you know that).

Hope you hear something concrete very soon.

Blogger Jennefer said...
You have a lot of support here. It is very sad that our hands are all tied and none of us can bring your son home to you any quicker, but I hope that our love and concern for you and Peanut helps to melt away some of those bad feelings.

I know it is hard when so many others are hearing good news about referral and court travel dates. (It is hard for me and I don't even know my child yet) But things are moving forward for you. Just think about those that are still waiting for their agency to be reacredited. I sometimes read about their frustrations on the FRUA chat. So, at least you have that going for you.

I don't have any words of comfort that haven't already been given here. I am sorry it has been so long. I hope your agency is doing everything they can for you.

Blogger Maggie said...
Thank you, everyone. Yesterday was just a bad day all around. Sometimes I just get in a funk about it all.

Blogger Elle said...
That is so frustrating!