Thursday, April 13, 2006
I Can't Get No Satisfaction
I keep telling myself that I'll feel better when "X" happens. But I never do.

For a long, long time accreditation was the sweet elixir that would solve all my worries. Accreditation happened in early March: I was ecstatic, over-the-moon! But satisfied? No way.

The next step was getting my dossier filed. That happened last Monday: I was relieved, excited. But satisfied? Not a chance.

The next hurdle is finding out if Peanut is officially available for adoption. I was hoping to get news this week. Unfortunately, I learned today that the MOE takes about 10 days to review dossiers. Until my regional representative has been notified that my dossier has been reviewed there's not a lot they can do. Don't ask me why, because I don't know. I could have asked my coordinator more questions today, but I was so disappointed and unpleasantly surprised I was stunned into silence.

So I'm waiting again. And the sad truth of it all is when I learn that Peanut is available for adoption (because I won't entertain the alternative right now) I know that I won't be satisfied. I'll just be impatient and anxious for the next step. I don't think I'll be satisfied until he's home trying new tricks on his bike, cheating at cards, and begging me to rub his back while he watches Spongebob.
9 Comments:
Blogger CarolinaGirl said...
Hey my friend!. I can only imagine your feelings. That is hard when you feel like once you have accomplished one thing, then it will all be better. Then, when you get to that one thing...it isn't so much better. I am hoping the best for you. I am always checking your blog to see how things are progressing. It is like watching a movie on the edge of my seat knowing that it is about to happen any minute. It will and it is going to!. You just hang in there.... you sound like you are a tough cookie...but, i know even the toughest cookies need a break every now and again. Take care of yourself. We leave on Saturday, but, I will definitely be blogging from Moscow..that is for sure!!. Talk to you soon! Caroline

Blogger Rhonda said...
I can relate...and I agree that you probably won't feel satisfaction until Peanut is home. Its the Mom in you! The good news is that each of these steps is one step closer to bringing him home.

Blogger Kristin said...
Hang in there, Margaret & I hope you receive the official "available" call soon... at least it will be one less thing to worry about!!

Blogger Yeah So said...
yeah man, waiting SUCKS. hopefully not too much longer, you've come so far already!

Blogger Kristin said...
Margaret- about Tab... do you have a Smart and Final near you? They always have in stock! By the case! & cheap!

Blogger Liv said...
That is the hardest thing about having what you want most be just out of reach. I know exactly how you feel about the adoption wait and the parenting wait. When I was pregnant with Dani, each week that ticked by I was grateful to have made it through, but I had a hard time coming to terms that there would be many more weeks. However, when we brought her home, I wasn't waiting anymore.... and that felt nice.

Waiting to be a parent is really hard. Each month that goes by is another month you will not get to be with your child... it's so cliche', but it is worth it in the end.

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
Hey Margaret - I totally know how you feel. I think this is one area I need to work on. I find it difficult to live in the moment (see my post earlier this week) and when reaching a goal, always move immediately to wanting the next goal. I think in your case, your feelings are totally justified. Your son is waiting for you but there's bureacracy standing in the way. It must be frustrating to think you've reached the next hurdle, to find another 10 days in front of you. Thinking of you...

Blogger rubyiscoming said...
I agree - how can you be satisfied FULLY until Peanut is racing around the house, or cuddling on the couch with you?

But, The Day Will Come - I PROMISE!

Blogger Jennefer said...
So, by about April 20- you should get some more concrete news about this? This is like reading a suspense novel that just absolutely must have a happy ending.

I understand about not feeling satisfied. I know that I won't be satisfied until I walk out of that court room with my child, or maybe when I get off the plane in America, or maybe when I tuck her in her own bed at night. Or maybe when she is...