Tuesday, April 11, 2006
A Semi-Open Invitation
Dear China Adoption Bloggers,

You are cordially invited to take away my ladybugs.

You see, every ladybug within a 20-mile radius has decided to congregate on my dining room window. There are the reliable, responsible ladybugs that are there every morning carrying their tiny cafe au laits and briefcases. Then, there's ladybug rush hour in the afternoon when they're all scattering about getting their errands done. There's even a few rebels who have little ladybug raves into the wee hours of the morning.

I'm adopting from Russia therefore I have no belief in ladybugs being harbingers of good luck. Outside they serve a purpose and are pretty little eaters of aphids, but in my dining room they're just plain gross. So, please. Please come take them. I'll even gift wrap.

Kind regards,

Margaret

p.s. This invitation is only semi-open. All China adoption bloggers are welcome as they've been screened by USCIS and are not ax murderers. But to those of you that arrive at my site through really really strange searches, stay away. And Mr. Searching for "can I put my hands in your pants" -- the answer is no, no you cannot.
8 Comments:
Blogger Her Grace said...
I'm sorry Margaret, I think it's you. Do you remember the box elder bugs at your one apartment? I think bugs just think you are buggerific and flock to your home, no matter where you live.

Good luck with that!

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blogger Maggie said...
It's not me! (And this problem is no where near the box elder infestation. That was hideous.) The only culpability I'll accept is that bugs bother me more than they bother most people.

Bethany - you do remember the grasshopper incident, don't you? I'll never look at an umbrella the same way again.

Blogger Rhonda said...
Got to love those google hits. YIKES. I dont like ladybugs either! Good luck getting rid of them, they are stubborn suckers!

Blogger Shannon said...
"Can i put my hands in your pants?" Really? I can't believe that people say stuff like that. I mean, does a line like that EVER work? And if so, who are these chicks and why didn't their mommas slap some sense into them? Some people suck.
I will gladly take all your ladybugs. In China Adoption land you would be covered in good luck. Stop hogging, and send some over to me lady!! :-)

Blogger Yeah So said...
One time we came home to these huge flying ant thingies COVERING our bay window. It was like a bizarre horror movie, scared the crap out of us (the cats too, they were cowering in another room). I'll take lady bugs anytime...and I do think they're lucky even though you are adopting from Russia! Take the luck where you can get it man!

Blogger Stephanie V said...
I'm so busted! I curse Sitemeter!

So no hands in the pants, right? Are you sure?

Damn it.

Don't tell my SW, ok?

Blogger Kristin said...
my roses have aphids... i could use those ladybugs!